Thursday, December 15, 2011

Formosa Travel Diary: Bunaken Island

There are some serious perks to spending half my time in Jakarta and one of them is to be able use a free weekend to visit of the most beautiful spots I've ever been; Bunaken island in North Sulawesi.

I don't have my dive certificate but that didn't stop me from taking these pictures of coral life while snorkeling. While I'm in Perth for the Christmas holidays I might have a play and make some sketches of them.

















Glorious first evening.

















We jumped straight outta the boat into this (15 min ride from our room). It felt like a David Attenborough documentary.

















This magic 25-50m coral cliff surrounds most of the island. In the final photo below you can see the dramatic colour shift where the coral cliff ends and the deep sea begins.

















No comments:

Post a Comment